京都御所 :Kyoto Imperial Palace
First Imperial Palace of Kyoto was built in northwestern quarter of the Kyoto city. The Palace was completed at the present site in 1331. The new Palace was destroyed by fire in 1854. Present buildings was constructed in 1855. The Imperial Family had resided here until 1869, when the seat of the Court was transferred to Tokyo.